Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Search results

1-10 results from 1000 for query «poll»

25 September 2017 12:59 AM Is Trump All Talk on North Korea? The Uncertainty Sends a Shiver

Veterans of diplomacy and national security and specialists on North Korea fear that, whatever their intended result, Mr. Trump’s increasingly bellicose threats and public insults of the famously thin-skinned Mr. Kim could cause the United States to careen into a nuclear confrontation driven by personal animosity and bravado. “It does matter, because

23 September 2017 2:28 AM More than 80 percent plan to vote

THIS week’s Gisborne Herald web poll shows most people here are keen to vote in the election, with a slight majority intending to do it on the day itself. When asked if they would be voting in the General Election, and if so when, 44 percent of people said they would vote today, with 40 percent saying they had voted early, a total of 84 percent 1

22 September 2017 7:14 AM Antony Green's Election Blog

When Prime Minister Bill English announced in February New Zealand would go to the polls on September 23, it was with the expectation his Government should be re-elected. Mr English became Prime Minister in December last year following the retirement of his popular predecessor, John Key, a three-time election winner and prime minister since 2008. Despite 2

22 September 2017 12:28 AM Newshub poll: New Zealanders want to see the Greens in Parliament

More New Zealanders would prefer to see the Greens stay in Parliament than have them turfed out, the latest Newshub-Reid Research poll has found. It's an upward trend on the previous poll, which had the Greens on 4.9 percent, just below the 5 percent threshold needed to enter Parliament. The party had fallen in popularity with Labour's change in leadership 3

21 September 2017 5:04 PM NZ First support seems likely

Labour needs a big turnout of young voters to come to its aid today and tomorrow. More than 1.1million people are expected to cast early votes but the numbers of younger people enrolling is down on previous elections. Both Prime Minister Bill English and Labour leader Jacinda Ardern admit the contest is tight and they will be campaigning until the last minute 3

21 September 2017 6:14 AM National a point ahead of Lab/Green bloc in Newshub poll

The final major poll of the election cycle, from Newshub-Reid Research has National maintaining a solid lead over Labour, but only a point ahead of the combined Labour-Greens bloc (scroll down for charts). And after a rollercoaster few weeks, things, the bottom line remains the same: NZ First as kingmaker. NZ First leader Winston Peters has indicated 7

21 September 2017 6:14 AM Final Newshub-Reid Research Poll

Two days out from Election day, the results of the final Newshub-Reid research poll* show that it could all come down to the decision of Winston Peters. The final poll results show that in the battle at the top, National is leading on 45.8% (down 1.5%**), ahead of Labour on 37.3% (down 0.5%). In the minor party results, both the Greens (2.2% increase) 3

21 September 2017 5:01 AM New poll: Peters in kingmaker position

On the Newshub Reid Research poll released on Thursday evening, National is on 45.8% and Labour is on 37.3%. National has slipped two points since the last poll on September 12, while Labour is down only slightly. However, the Green Party has moved up from below the 5% threshold to 7.1% - and between them Labour and the Greens have 44.4%. It is the final 5

20 September 2017 6:17 PM Volatility in last of debates

The final leaders debate between Prime Minister Bill English and Labour leader Jacinda Ardern reflected the final 1News Colmar Brunton poll in volatility. At times, Ms Ardern was scoring well ahead of Mr English in the 1News debate, particularly on health where the Prime Minister failed to explain adequately the question posed to him on why so many Southern 4

20 September 2017 8:05 AM Final debate just a shouting match

After a promising start, the final leaders' debate between Prime Minister Bill English and Labour's Jacinda Ardern descended into a pointless shouting match over policy details. The 1News debate, hosted by Mike Hosking, started promisingly with both Mr English and Ms Ardern giving each other space to talk about their policies and aims. Once it got to a discussion 5